Spicy Smoked Mezcal Margarita
SPICY SMOKED MEZCAL MARGARITA
- Servings: 1 cocktail
- Difficulty: easy
- 1 ounce 100% agave tequila (I prefer Reposado)
- 1 ounce Mezcal (I prefer Del Maguey Vida)
- 3.4 ounce triple sec or Grand Marnier
- 3/4 ounce lime juice from a fresh lime
- 1/2 oz honey
- 1 jalapeño cut into 1/4″ slices
- smoked sea salt mixed with smoked paprika for the rim
- Add 1-2 jalapeño slices to a cocktail shaker. Muddle. Add ice to 1/2 way full. Add the lime juice and honey. Add the Mezcal, tequila, and triple sec. Shake well.
- To make the salt rim, rub the rim of the glass with the used lime and dip in plate of salt/paprika mix.
- Strain the contents of the cocktail shaker into your salt rimmed glass. Add 2-3 ice cubes and enjoy immediately.