Spinach, Goat Cheese, Carmelized Onions, Sweet Potato Frittata
I could have called this my kitchen counter frittata…but that doesn’t sound very delicious. Truly, that’s what this was. The beauty of a frittata is that there are no rules! You’re free to put whatever your heart (or stomach) desires into that skillet. Obviously eggs are a must but, other than that you are free! This combination was inspired by the items on my counter (and a few in my fridge). And since I made this on a Sunday, I had leftovers for breakfast all week! How fantastically easy! I might also recommend making a “muffin tin” version of this recipe….hand held goodness right there.
FRITTATA WITH SPINACH, GOAT CHEESE, SWEET POTATO, AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS
- Servings: 6-8
- Time: 30-45 minutes
- Difficulty: easy
- 1 cup of fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 oz of goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 of a large sweet potato, skin removed and diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 8 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium to large oven proof skillet, heat coconut oil. Add onion and sauté. Once translucent, add sweet potato and continue to sauté. Let cook until onions are a caramelized texture and potatoes are soft.
- Remove the onions and potatoes from the pan.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a fork until all yolks are broken and mixture is somewhat consistent. About 30-60 seconds.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet, add goat cheese, sweet potatoes, onions, and spinach (spread evenly). Cook for 1 minute on stove over medium heat.
- Gently place skillet into oven and frittata cook for about 10-15 minutes. Once done, the eggs should be set but not browned.
- Serve from the skillet or slide on to a plate. Cut into 6-8 slices and enjoy!