Sweet Potato Egg Nests
I’m pretty sure that my spiralizer is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets of all time. I have made noodles from different fruits and vegetables: broccoli stems, zucchini, apples, and cucumbers to name a few. For this recipe I wanted to try something new; try to incorporate veggie noodles into a breakfast meal! Thus came the sweet potato veggie noodle hash browns! Add an egg and you have a great protein + carb mix!
SWEET POTATO NOODLE EGG NESTS
- Servings: 2
- Time: 20mins
- Difficulty: easy
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled with ends cut off.
- 4 eggs (2 per person)
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Attach the sweet potato to the spiralizer and begin spiralizing! For further instruction watch this YouTube video. Divide the noodles into four piles (should be about a small handful or <1 cup).
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the noodles to the skillet, making sure to keep them in four separate piles. Gently hollow out a circle in the middle of the pile for the egg to settle. Let the noodles cook for 3-5 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom and form holding.
- Gently flip the noodles over and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy (like hash browns).
- Crack eggs into middle of hollowed area of noodle and cook 2-3 minutes, or until desired consistency. If you don’t like a runny yolk, you may want to flip the “egg nest” over to allow the yolk to cook.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!