Hawaiian Jalapeno Salmon Burger with Sriracha Aioli
Summer wouldn’t be complete without BBQs and burgers. With leftover salmon in the fridge, I was inspired to make a burger that was a spin on classic flavors. I love foods that offer a balance between spicy, sweet, and savory. This burger does just that.
HAWAIIAN JALAPEÑO SALMON BURGER WITH SRIRACHA AIOLI
- Servings: 4
- Time: 30-40 mins
- Difficulty: moderate
- 1 pound skin-less wild salmon fillet, chilled in the freeze for about an hour
- 1/4 cup scallions, diced
- 1-2 jalapeños, minced
- 2 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- pinch of coarse salt and black pepper
- 4 pineapple slices, 1/2 inch thick (core removed)
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- Hamburger buns (I used Udi’s Gluten-free hamburger buns)
- 1/4 cup mayo or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp sriracha
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 fingered pinch of salt
- Whisk together the aioli ingredients. Cover and refrigerate to let the flavors meld.
- Heat BBQ to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or medium-high.
- Take the salmon out of the freezer and cut into 1/3 inch chunks.
- In a medium bowl, gently mix the salmon, scallions, jalapeño, yogurt, tabasco, egg, salt and pepper.
- Divide the salmon mixture into quarters and shape into burgers with a rubber spatula or your hands.
- Once the BBQ is hot, gently place the salmon patties and the pineapple slices on the grill. Cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side, or until an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook pineapple until warm and soft, about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- If desired, toast the hamburger buns on grill
- Spread aioli on bun. Add arugula, salmon patty, and grilled pineapple. Enjoy!