Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs
As much as I love to cook, sometimes I just want something that is quick, easy, delicious and….still healthy. After a long day at work, it is so easy to order take-out or pop a frozen meal into the microwave. I’m here to tell you that your waistline need not suffer from the aftermath of such a day. You can cook this dish in less than 20 minutes and still have time for a workout, warm bath, or your favorite TV shows. Serve with steamed broccoli, spaghetti squash chow mein, or a salad to make a complete and healthy meal.
SPICY HONEY GLAZED CHICKEN THIGHS
- Servings: 3-6
- Time: 20mins
- Difficulty: easy
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika (optional: use smoked paprika if you want a kick)
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp sweet chili paste
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
7-8 chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- Combine first 5 ingredients (all the spices) in bowl and mix well.
- Use kitchen shears (or a pair of clean scissors) to trim off any excess fat from the chicken pieces.
- Toss chicken with spice rub to coat all sides well.
- Lightly brush or spray the roasting pan with oil
- Place the chicken on the roasting pan (or a jerry-rigged version like I have created) and place on the center/top rack under the broiler. Cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Once the chicken is cooked through (to a temperature of 165 degrees F), lightly brush the glaze on each side and cook for about 1 minute longer.
- Garnish with basil, cilantro, or limes
Nutrition Facts for 1- 4oz chicken thigh: 141 calories, 4 grams of fat, 5 grams of carbs, 19 grams of protein